Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25th - Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce


Heat Stroke...
This warm weather is making me sluggish and not wanting to do much blogging.  So, I'm going to skip the small talk and get right into the recipe, which is actually not that bad.

THE RECIPE

Ingredients:
Italian Parsley: $0.69
Olive oil: had
Red wine vinegar: had
Cilantro: $0.69
Garlic: had
Red Pepper: had
Cumin: had
Salt: had
Chicken: $3.19

Total: $4.57

THE RESULTS

FAST: The chimichurri is real quick because its all made in a food processor.  It took me less than 3 minutes.  Cooking the chicken took about 10 minutes.  I was too lazy to start the charcoal grill, so I decided to pan fry it in the house.  Yeah, probably not the smartest when its so hot, but it was the only thing I had to cook and that's what air conditioning is for.

EASY:  The hardest part is cooking the chicken.  There really isn't anything to the sauce except throwing it all in the food processor.  That's my kind of easy!

FRESH:  Uber-fresh.  Think of it as a parsley pesto/vinaigrette. 

OVERALL:  This recipe is really not that bad.  I only put in one clove of garlic, because I didn't want to reek of it.  Uncooked garlic is starting to make me very wary.  Anyway, this recipe is so easy to make and would go great with some cooked asparagus or roasted potatoes.  I like it because I always have too much parsley growing in my garden and nothing to do with it.  This kind of remedies that. 

Yeah this was kind of a bummer post, I know.  Not very witty.  But hang in there.  We've got salad tomorrow and I plan on sleeping in, so I should be as right as rain.  See ya then!

No comments: