Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12th - Asparagus with Gremolata Butter


So Long Joy!
So we bid Joy farewell and move back into the mundane of the work world.  But fear not, for we are having my chef friend Tommy and his wife, Julia, over for dinner!  I love entertaining.  Unfortunately, I totally biffed this recipe (which I served to them anyway).  I way overcooked the asparagus and really browned the garlic.  Hey, nobody's perfect (well, except for Joy, but she's gone back to the land of cheese). 

THE RECIPE
Ingredients
Asparagus: $3.99
Butter: had
Lemon: $0.69
Garlic: had
Parsley: $0.59

TOTAL: $5.27

THE RESULTS

FAST: This recipe only took 10 minutes from start to finish. 

EASY:  The hardest part of this recipe is chopping up the garlic and the parsley.  Boiling and cooling the asparagus is a snap....unless you get distracted and you end up over cooking the asparagus.

FRESH:  Asparagus and lemon.  A classic combination that screams spring fresh!

OVERALL:  Again, I biffed this recipe big time.  However, the browned garlic actually gave this recipe a little bite.  Otherwise, it would have been a pretty boring lemon and asparagus recipe.  With that being said, the fact that I had totally mushy asparagus was a deal breaker.  I didn't want to throw it away, so I figured we could all still enjoy it.  Mushy asparagus is such a nasty texture. 

Ah well.  Pasta tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Director Ron said...

The cake looks delicious, Mark. It actually looked like something you couldn't or shouldn't eat. What was inside?
And BTW- Please accept Joy back to the flat lands. Her perfectness is too much for us to handle. :->

SuperStar Chef Mark said...

It was a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and chocolate buttercream filling. The outside had a chocolate fudge frosting.