Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18th - Classic Shaken Margarita


Cocktail Time!!!!
I'm not a huge fan of tequila (there was an episode back in my younger days), so I shy away from the margarita.  This recipe actually was pretty easy, but really really strong.  If you like tequila, you'll love this!

THE RECIPE

Ingredients:
Limes: $1.00
Tequila: Had
Cointreau:  Had
Salt:  Had

Total: $1.00

THE RESULTS

FAST:  It only took about 5 minutes to concoct this drink (which doubles as a relief tonic from pesky children).

EASY:  Easier than trying to get a full time job (believe me, I know!)

FRESH:  The fresh squeezed lime juice makes all the difference.

OVERALL:  This drink was too strong for me.  I know, you're shocked and horrified.  But, I had to dilute it with some flat club soda and some sweet sour mix.   The tequila taste was too strong and I kept throwing up in my mouth and tasting that awful bile taste.    The sweet sour mix mellowed it out, but I'm going to skip this recipe for the future.

We've got brownies for the weekend!  See ya then!!!

No comments: