Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11th - Cantaloupe Mint Cooler

GETTIN' BETTER
Well, my last two days of bed rest here in the homestead have helped a bit.  I don't feel as congested, but still have the cough.  Hopefully I can shake that in the next day or so.  You'd think by the look of the drink in the picture above that I was making myself some kind of crazy home remedy.  Although it packs a vodka punch, it didn't cure my cough.   I can attest that it tastes much better than it looks (I think I over blended)!

THE RECIPE

INGREDIENTS:
Cantaloupe: $1.29
Sugar: had
Vodka: had
Limes: $1.00
Mint: had (from my garden)

TOTAL: $2.29

THE RESULTS

FAST: It took me about 5 minutes to cut up the melon and squeeze the lime juice.  Then, you just blend everything in a blender which didn't take more than 30 seconds!  Super Fast!

EASY:  Cutting up the melon was the hardest part of this whole recipe.  Just zip zap the rest in the blender.

FRESH:  Mmm..nothing like ripe cantaloupe and fresh mint with a smack of vodka.  DEE-LISH!

OVERALL:   I haven't met a drink I didn't like.  Well, except for Campari.  This was really nice and refreshing.  Perfect for hot summer days.  I suppose you could use any kind of fresh fruit or melon.  I happened to have lemon vodka, but I suppose a raspberry or blueberry flavored vodka would work well too!  Brian gives this a thumbs up.  He says that it would also be good sans the alcohol.

Alrighty, we've got some puff pastry twists for the weekend.  See ya then!

No comments: