Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17th - Grilled Chicken with Olive Puree

Backed Up...
If you've been checking my blog, you'll have noticed that the Thurs and Fri recipes haven't been posted.  Let me assure you that I've made the recipes, but I've been so busy I haven't had time to blog them.   I've been working on projects for the school.  So, here they are, backdated and posted.

THE RECIPE

Ingredients:
Kalamata Olives: $2.19
Olive Oil: Had
Chicken:  $2.88
Rosemary: Had (from garden)

TOTAL: $5.07

THE RESULTS

FAST:  The chicken has to marinate for 3 hours or overnight.  (I recommend it otherwise you won't get any flavor into the chicken.)  So this is one recipe you should probably do one day ahead of time.

EASY:  The puree is super easy since you're using a food processor.  Then it's just slab it under the skin of the chicken, marinate, and grill.

FRESH:  The rosemary gives it that punch of freshness.

OVERALL:  This recipe was a little boring.  I didn't care for it and Brian thought it was good.  It would go really well with a gravy of some sort.  Maybe a Sauce Maltaise?  That's a hollandaise sauce that uses orange zest and juice (typically blood oranges).  The orange, rosemary, and olives would be really good together.

Okay, I need a laugh.  Here's my favorite lady, Amy Sedairs, stickin' it to Martha.

No comments: