Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3rd - Jasmine Rice with Garlic, Ginger, and Cilantro

HACKED!
So apparently my Facebook account got hacked into earlier this evening (while I was teaching).  I just found out about it now when I got home.  Whoever got into my account started chatting with Brian's niece, Marissa, (as well as some others) and told her that he/me was in London and he/me got mugged and that they needed to wire some money right away.  So, Miss Nancy Drew Marissa thought something was up and she told this person "Did you talk to my sister?" and he wrote back "Is she online?".  Well, Marissa doesn't have a sister and she knew that this wasn't me.   I had like 8 missed messages on my phone and Brian had 13 from all different people asking if I was okay.  He got scared that I had gotten into a car accident or something. 

Well this person also deleted my wall, so everything I had on FB was pretty much gone.  I decided to just disable/shut down the whole thing.  I'm not a big Facebook person anyway.  It'll be one less thing for me to check.  Plus, I harbored a secret hate for Facebook.  It's given me nothing but trouble from day one.  Excuse me for a moment, I have to do this....

Dear Facebook,

Guess what F head, it's over.  Honestly, I'm glad were breaking up!  Yeah, you heard me!  I'M GLAD!  Your constantly changing your appearance and suggesting things I don't want to do.  You've become really pushy and I ain't having it.  It's time we go our seperate ways.  Sure, you were fun in the beginning, but you've become tedious and boring.  I've started a new life with blogspot.  That's right, you should be jealous!  We've grown really close since the beginning of the year.  I can do things with blogspot that really fulfill me.  And best of all, I don't have to deal with your cousin Farmville.  I'm sure others will being to have problems with you as well.  It's just a matter of time until you end up alone.

Please don't e-mail me,

Mark

I'm assuming this hacker had to be someone at school.  I probably forgot to logout of Facebook and it was still on one of the computers.  A student probably got onto it and thought they would mess around with my stuff.  Hopefully my home computer didn't get hacked into.  That would suck.

Just goes to show that technology is both a blessing and a curse.

THE RECIPE
Ingredients:
Jasmine Rice: $2.50
Oil: had
Ginger: $0.63
Garlic: had
Chicken broth: $2.79
Cilantro: $.50

Total:  $6.42

THE RESULTS:

Fast:  With prep, cooking, and resting time, this should take you about 35 minutes.  Not too bad considering its not instant rice.

Easy:  Making rice is not that difficult.  Yeah, it's not as easy as boil in the bag, but your not making rice pilaf either.

Fresh:  Absolutely!  The ginger and cilantro are crisp and flavorful in this recipe.

Overall:  I really like this recipe.  It's simple and only uses a few ingredients to create an Asian flavor that is actually healthy.  This is definitely a keeper  that would probably work for regular and brown rice as well.

Tomorrow is Pizza and phonecalls to everyone about my Facebook fiasco.

No comments: