Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26th - Warm Spinach Parmesan Dip

EXHAUSTION
I'm so terribly sorry, but I am so exhausted right now.  I got home from being at school in Chicago all day (since 5:30 a.m.) and I'm beat.  (We had our annual symposium today...which I'll talk more about some other time).   I could gush on for hours and hours about this recipe...it's really that good!!...but I just physically can't.  It's hard to even put words together to form sentences, let alone type.

THE RECIPE

Ingredients:
Butter: had
Olive oil: had
Onion: $0.69
Garlic: $0.79
Flour: had
Chicken broth: $1.89
Whipping cream: $1.39
Spinach $1.25
Parmesan cheese $3.08
Sour cream: had
Cayenne: had

Total: $9.09

THE RESULTS

FAST: This took me about 20 minutes with all the chopping and cooking I was doing. 

EASY:  Really simple.  The gradually beating in the chicken stock is the hardest part.

FRESH:  Quite fresh...don't try to substitute frozen spinach!

OVERALL:   Make sure to chop up your spinach...I didn't as much as I should.  It doesn't have to be fine, but the bigger the leaves, the chunkier the spinach pieces in your dip (which can get messy).  You can omit the cayenne if you want.  Really, this dip is one of the better recipes in this series.  I wish I wasn't so tired so I could sing it's praises.  You really need to keep this recipe and try it for company...it's easy and impressive.

Okay.  It's off to sleepy time.  Chocolate macaroons are up for the weekend.  See ya tomorrow...or Sunday depending if I don't get out of bed tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, this was delicious! Made two batches and added chopped artichokes for added texture in one batch. Both batches were gone very quickly.

NikiTheo said...

I went to (volunteered at) the first symposium when I was still at RMC. It was a great time, but definitely exhausting!