Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Julia Child is Awesome


Just re-read "My Life in France" by Julia Child. What an amazing woman. I read it a year ago and was amazed. Since I saw the movie Julie and Julia, I thought I would read it again. I am just fascinated with "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". Yeah, some critics will say its not the best cookbook and the recipes are so-so, but making the same recipes Julia spent years developing to me is a humbling experience as a chef.

For those of you who have not read "My Life in France" I highly recommend it. For those of you who are are like me and lazy, I recommend getting it on audio CD from your local library (although since the movie Julie and Julia it's almost impossible to get).

So I then picked up my copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and made the beef bourguignon recipe and the chocolate mousse recipe. The beef was okay...a bit putsy. The mousse, on the other hand, was SO GOOD!! I usually don't like chocolate or mousse, but this has to be my new favorite guilty pleasure.
God bless you Julia for such a wonderful, sinful chocolate mousse!

No comments: