Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9th - Green Onion Biscuits

Still Enfermo
Well folks, I'm still sick.  I actually think I'm worse than yesterday.  But, I was able to whip these biscuits up no problem because the recipe was so simple.  I just wish it wasn't so hot out.  Because the oven was on, I ended up opening the doors and shutting off the A/C.  Normally, I would cool myself off with a chilled gin martini.  But, being sick and medicated, I've got to stick to water.  BOO!!

You'll love this recipe.  They're so good.  I skipped the part about brushing with melted butter because I wanted to get the true taste of these biscuits.  Also, I ended up using a good amount of flour on the table when kneading/turning the dough (as instructed in the recipe).  Just make sure to have the extra flour handy so you're not playing Edward Dough Hands and making a mess of your kitchen trying to get to it (from experience). 

THE RECIPE

Ingredients:
Flour: had
Baking Powder: had
Salt & Pepper: had
Whipping Cream: $2.99
Green Onion: $1.00

Total: $3.99

THE RESULTS
FAST: These biscuits took me about 7 minutes to prep (including green onion chopping time).  They baked about 15 minutes in my oven (because it runs too hot).  So about 22 - 25 minutes for some really good biscuits.

EASY:  OMG, YES!  The hardest part was waiting for them to cool down enough to eat! 

FRESH:  The green onion does it here.  Make sure you put in a touch more pepper than it calls for.  It helps to make the green onion flavor pop!

OVERALL:  Love these!!  I'm keeping this recipe for the next time company comes over.  Simple and easy, they'll think you slaved all day to make these.  I would love to put some cooked bacon bits into the dough.  Nah, I'll just keep them they way they are.  

Tomorrow we've got some interesting tacos.  See ya then!

No comments: